Goa Chakra is a part Goa Chitra Museum, a huge hall dedicated to heritage carriages from various eras and states of India. It is located at Benaulim, south Goa.
Goa Chakra – Heritage Wheels & Carriages Collection
There are carriages drawn by animals such as horses or bullocks. And those pulled by men. There are palanquins to carry the ladies – some partially and some totally closed. There is the North India’s quintessential Cycle Rickshaw.
There are cradles to carry children and there are temples that must be carried in string shoulders.
Outside the hall, a Victoria stood with grace and pride. And then as if giving way to the mechanical era stood old Volkswagen car – somewhere from the era between the carriages in the hall and the cars standing in the parking lot.
To my limited knowledge, this is a unique tribute to the Wheel, an invention that brought the world closer. Making my distant travels possible.
I have written about several other Places to visit in Goa. Read and plan your travel.
- Showcasing Goan Heritage at Bigfoot Museum
- Colva Beach, Goa One fine Evening
- Walk through Smuggler’s Mind at Indian Customs & Central Excise Museum, Goa
- Houses of Goa Museum
- 8 Reasons to visit Anjuna Flea Market in Goa
- Walk around Fontainhas, Panjim
- A Walk of Discovery at Arvalem
- Pre-Historic Rock Art at Pansoimol